Staying at the forefront of innovation, our client intends to launch a system for transport status updates. This system will provide real time status and the planned service changes of transport systems in a major metropolis. When such a system goes live, it will:
- enable citizens and visitors to make informed decisions concerning route, time and transport mode
- enhance mobility experience and boost public transport use and multimodal transport
- reduce time spent in commuting through improved predictability of travel times
- increase transparency among transport stakeholders, enhancing performance and fostering mobility integration
M-Prime was tasked with the design of such an inclusive system of transport status updates.
The way to problem solving
For the under development system for transport status updates, M-Prime:
- defined in detail the front/back-end system design and content
- specified the user interface functions and system use cases for all types of users
- conducted an analysis on the availability of information per system requirement (content) and per transport mode
- standardised the terminology and messages to be used in the system for all public transport modes
- proposed possible communication channels for system implementation
- designed the time plan and the organisation of the project delivery team.
Our team designed a powerful and innovative interface that will share invaluable information with the city commuters.
The system design caters for two components: a) the front-end to be accessed by the end users and b) the back-end, which enables the system administrators to feed manual information.
The front-end component includes:
- a high-level view of the real time status of city public transport and traffic operations
- individual status updates pages for public transport modes and traffic, with detailed information on current status, incidents and planned service changes.
M-Prime’s work for the system of transport status updates of a megacity provides a strong foundation that will guide the technical development of the system.